Drug charges are serious, the consequences of having drug related conviction are severe. It can affect your current and future employment opportunities, your finances, your criminal record, and possibly your freedom.
Our lawyers have the professional focus and experience to provide your drug case with the expert criminal advice you need. Our firm, I.M Antunović, is one of New Zealand’s most established criminal law firms, over the decades we have represented literally hundreds of clients. No case is too big or too small, too complex or too simple.
You can call or email us to be put in direct one-to-one contact with one of our Criminal Lawyers, in most cases, we should be able to give you an idea of the options available to you right then and there.
This initial consultation is 100% completely free, and we give it to you completely free of any expectations or obligations to continue to use our lawyers.
Other related matters we can help with:
- Dealing with controlled drugs
- Possession and use of controlled drugs
- Cultivation of prohibited plants
- Theft, etc, of controlled drugs
The following items are some of the controlled drugs in New Zealand under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975
- Acetorphine (03-acetyl-7,8-dihydro-7 α-[1 (R)-hydroxy-1-methylbutyl]-06-methyl-6,14-endoethenomorphine)
- Bufotenine (3-(2-dimethylaminoethyl)-5-hydroxyindole)
- Cantharidin (hexahydro-3a,7a-dimethyl-4,7-epoxyisobenzofuran-1,3-dione)
- Cocaine (methyl ester of benzoylecgonine), except when contained in a Class C controlled drug
- Desomorphine (dihydrodeoxymorphine)
- DET (N,N-diethyltryptamine)
- DMA (2-amino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propane)
- DMHP (3-(1,2-dimethylheptyl)-1-hydroxy-7,8,9,10-tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo [b,d] pyran)
- DMT (N,N-dimethyltryptamine)
- DOB (2-amino-1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propane) (also known as bromo-DMA)
- Etorphine (7,8-dihydro-7 α-[1 (R)-hydroxy-1-methylbutyl]-06-methyl-6,14-endoethenomorphine)
- Heroin (diacetylmorphine)
- Ketobemidone (4-meta-hydroxyphenyl-1-methyl-4-propionylpiperidine)
- Lysergic acid (essential precursor for manufacture of LSD)
- Lysergide (N,N-diethyllysergamide or lysergic acid diethylamide)
- MDA (2-amino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl) propane)
- Mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine)
- Methamphetamine (2-methylamino-1-phenylpropane)
- Amphetamine (2-amino-1-phenylpropane)
- Cannabis preparations: that is, any preparation containing any tetrahydrocannabinols, including cannabis resin (commonly known as hashish) and cannabis oil (commonly know as hash oil), produced by subjecting cannabis plant material to any kind of processing
- MDMA (2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl) propane)
- Tetrahydrocannabinols, except when contained in a Class C controlled drug.
- Cannabis fruit
- Cannabis plant (whether fresh, dried, or otherwise)—that is, any part of any plant of the genus Cannabis except a part from which all the resin has been extracted
- Cannabis seed
- Catha edulis plant
- Coca leaf—that is, the leaf of any plant of any species of the genus Erythroxylon, except a leaf from which all ecgonine, cocaine, and any other ecgonine alkaloids have been removed.
- BZP (1-benzylpiperazine or A2 benzylpiperazine or N-benzylpiperazine (1-benzyl-1,4-diazacyclohexane))
Antunović Law Criminal Lawyers Wellington 2011